You are being redirected to the ODNR Division of Wildlife's new website. Please update your bookmarks. If you are not redirected in 5 seconds, please click here to visit the new site.
Ohio's Falcon Nesting Sites
The map below illustrates the locations of recent peregrine falcon nesting sites. Roll over a location on the map to view more details about the nest.
Ohio Nesting Sites Information
Clicking the # of a site in the table below will display the location on the Ohio map displayed above. To view details about the nest click "View Nest Detail."
Summary of 2012 Ohio Peregrine Falcon Nesting Season
Ohio Division of Wildlife staff and volunteers have had a busy 2012 season with a confirmed 36 sites with territorial pairs, of which 23 sites have fledged 59 juveniles. This year a total of approximately 90 eggs were laid at the sites across the state. This year we were able to band at 16 sites.
Other Sightings & Information:
- New female at Stuart Station replaced *V/*X (Kinka) dead 4/1.
- The Dayton pair as abandoned their first nest (eggs laid on 3/15 incubating 3/19) in the window well and is back up in the box
- Beckjord first nesting attempt failed on 3/13 (egg laying 3/3), now renested and incubating as of 4/19.
- A 2010 hatch bird from Lima (blk/red 81/D) was seen on 6/7 on the Sylvania Water Tower.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: McKees is incubating on the 25th Street Bridge. Saw food exchange. Diana (K/87 b/g) no longer present on the Fulton Rd. Bridge.
- I-80 Turnpike Bridge in Boston: Failed around 3/26/12 & renested on 4/4/12.
- Canton: Unbanded male present at nest box on 4/1/2012. JoJo (blk/rd 30/B '10 Cleveland Clinic) no longer present. Unbanded male not incubating, but is bringing food into Mystic.
- Eastlake: One adult bird present by nest box on 4/4/2012. Another falcon flew by and was chased off by adult. Assume other adult is in box on eggs.
- I-90: Visited site on 4/4/2012. No falcons around, but construction workers have been seeing them from time to time.
- Lakeshore Power Plant: Visited on 4/4/2012. No falcons around, but workers have been hearing them.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: New nest site on the Fulton Rd. Bridge. McKees (female) was injured by GG at the Hilliard Rd. Bridge on 3/6/12. Has wound in chest.
- I-80 Turnpike Bridge in Boston: Renested and incubating around 4/4/12.
- I-90: Falcons are nesting on Span 2 over river.
- Steel Mill/21st Bridge: Falcons present, but no access to location where they have been seen at the mill.
- Terminal Tower: Juvenile female (b/r 29/U) was picked up on May 27th and taken to rehab. Placed back at Terminal on May 29. She flew on May 30th around 4pm to the 15th floor successfully.