Scope of Project:
A. Project Description
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Engineering (DOE), invites interested parties to submit a statement of qualifications to provide neutral facilitation services for projects. These services are intended to provide facilitated partnering and/or mediated dispute resolution sessions for various sized groups in support of DOE project teams.
These sessions could occur at any stage along the project, i.e. planning, design, construction and close out. Session attendees could include, but are not limited to, ODNR/DOE staff, architects/engineers and other project consultants, contractors, community members and other users groups, and state, national and local regulatory agencies.
The selected firm will be eligible for award of a contract for the period beginning August 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2018. Fees for each type of requested services will be based on an hourly fee schedule to be negotiated as part of the contract. DOE does not guarantee that the selected firm will be awarded any work or make a representation of the amount of work a firm may receive within the two-year period.
B. Scope of Services
The following types of facilitation services are within the scope of work that a firm may be requested to support:
a) Organizational Partnering
b) Trade Contractor Partnering
c) Dispute / Claims Resolution & Mediation
d) GMP Negotiation
e) Third-party Agreements and Strategic Planning
The services generally include the following: pre-workshop interviews of individual project team members in order to identify key issues and prepare an agenda that is specific to the needs of the project; and conduct the workshop to include discussion of the specific issues for the project team to plan activities or processes to address the specific issues.
For purposes of completing the Relevant Project Experience Matrix in Section F of the Statement of Qualifications (Form F110-330), below is a list of relevant scope of work requirements for this RFQ:
1. Facilitation of Organizational Partnering sessions.
2. Facilitation of Trade Contractor partnering sessions.
3. Facilitation of dispute / claims resolution and mediations.
4. Facilitation of Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) negotiations.
5. Negotiation of third-party agreements between public and private entities.
6. Facilitation of Vision, Mission, and Strategic Planning exercises.
7. Experience with alternative construction delivery methods.
8. Experience with Ohio Capital Improvements processes.
9. Experience with Public Policy and Public Entities
C. Funding / Estimated Budget
Total Project Cost Varies with each project State Funding $150,000
Construction Cost Varies with each project Other Funding As applicable
Estimated Fee TBD
D. Anticipated Schedule
Response Deadline: June 3, 2016
Interviews tentative scheduled for week of June 27, 2016.
Eligibility will be effective for the period covering August 1, 2016 – June 30, 2018.
E. EDGE Participation Goal
Percent of initial TOTAL Fee: 5%
F. Evaluation Criteria for Selection
• Demonstrated ability to meet Owner’s intent for the scope of services on previous projects and with previous clients.
• Relevant past work of prospective firm and its proposed consultants.
• Past performance of prospective firm and its proposed consultants.
• Qualifications and experience of individuals directly involved with providing requested services.
• Proposer and its proposed consultants previous experience (numbers of projects, scope of services).
• Approach to and success of using partnering and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
• Proximity of prospective firms to the project site.
• Proposer’s apparent resources and capacity to meet the needs of this project.
• The selected firm and all its consultants must have the capability to use the Internet within their normal business location(s) during normal business hours.
Interested firms are required to submit the Commitment to Participate in the EDGE Business Assistance Program form in its Statement of Qualifications (Form F110-330) submitted in response to the RFQ, to indicate its intent to contract with and use EDGE-certified Business Enterprise(s), as a part of the team. The Intent to Contract and to Perform and / or waiver request letter and Demonstration of Good Faith Effort form(s) with complete documentation must be attached to the firm’s Technical Proposal. Both forms can be accessed via the OFCC website at http://ofcc.ohio.gov. The Intent to Contract and to Perform form is again required at the Fee Proposal stage.
For all Statements of Qualifications, please identify the EDGE-certified Business Enterprises, by name, which will participate in the delivery of the proposed professional services solicited in the RFQ.
G. Submittal Instructions
Firms are required to submit the current version of Statement of Qualifications (Form F110-330) available via the OFCC website at http://ofcc.ohio.gov.
Electronic submittals should be combined into one PDF file named with the project number listed on the RFQ and your firm’s name. Use the “print” feature of Adobe Acrobat or similar software for creating a PDF rather than using a scanner. If possible, please reduce the file size of the PDF. In Acrobat, go to Advanced, then PDF Optimizer. Also, please label the CD or DVD and the sleeve with the project number and firm name if applicable.
Paper copies of the Statement of Qualifications, if requested, should be stapled only. Do not use special bindings or coverings of any type. Cover letters and transmittals are not necessary.
Facsimile copies of the Statement of Qualifications will not be accepted.
Firms are requested to identify professional registrations, memberships and credentials including: LEED GA, LEED AP, LEED AP+, CCCA, CCM, CCS, CDT, CPE, DBIA, and any other appropriate design and construction industry credentials. Identify that information on the resume page for individual in Block 22, Section E of the F110-330 form.
Click here for the full description